POSTING DATE: April 8, 2019 POSTING # 001-19
EXPIRY DATE: August 26, 2019
STRATFORD PERTH ROTARY HOSPICE (HOSPICE CARE AVON MAITLAND)
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
Full-time and Part-time
(12hr shifts; days, nights, weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the interprofessional collaborative team, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides direct quality and safe personal care in accordance with resident’s respective care plans, under the direction and supervision of regulated healthcare providers.
REPORTS TO: Director of Residential Care (DRC)
DATE REQUIRED: June 2019 (exact date TBD)
- Personal Support Worker Diploma from a recognized program
- Current BCLS certification
- Completion of established palliative care courses such as Core Fundamentals and higher, Enhanced PSW, etc.
- Three (3) years of recent palliative care experience preferred
- A strong dedication to the philosophy of, and specialized care skills in, hospice palliative care
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in the English language. Additional languages an asset.
- Computer literate and able to work with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of Point Click Care documentation system an asset
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. View the full position description at: www.stratfordperthhospice.ca. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.