POSTING DATE: June 19, 2020 POSTING #: 210-20 (Non-Union)
EXPIRY DATE: June 30, 2020
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: Director, Quality and Risk
The Director Quality and Risk has the responsibility, authority and accountability for the corporate leadership and direction regarding HPHA’s quality, safety and risk management related to patients. These responsibilities include leading the annual Quality Improvement Plan; guiding the organization’s process related to Accreditation; coordinating legislative requirements related to portfolio, and leading QCIPA activities and coordinating activities related to monitoring, trending and reporting of patient safety incidents. The Director will have a key role with the Huron Perth & Area Ontario Health Team with respect to an integrated focus on quality, health safety and risk management and work closely with partners regarding opportunities related to standardization of protocols and processes.
The Director Quality and Risk also has overall responsibility, oversight and accountability for HPHA therapy services, Professional Practice, Quality Improvement, and Infection Prevention and Control and supports the respective Managers and staff in this regard. The Director encourages proactive change and is a leader, advisor and facilitator with respect to Alliance activities and growth.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, People and Chief Quality Executive
DATE REQUIRED: As Soon As Possible
- Degree in a Health-related Discipline
- Masters in a Health-related Discipline preferred
- Current Licensure with appropriate Professional College or Association
- Courses in Health Care Administration
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Health-Related Discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare risk management, patient safety, quality initiatives or a related field
- Knowledgeable of applicable legislation, regulations, interprofessional principles, professional and accreditation standards
- Experience in Lean environment and associated Lean healthcare education
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic planning and administrative abilities
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Ability to research and guide leading practice and quality based programs
- Ability to effectively and efficiently provide business oriented planning and forecasting
- Strong presentation and teaching skills, skilled in group facilitation and knowledge of adult education strategies
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and effectively guiding and managing change
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and manipulation, report generation, root cause analysis and quality improvement methodologies
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.