POSTING DATE: August 8, 2019 POSTING #283-19 (CUPE Service)
EXPIRY DATE: August 13, 2019
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
Telemetry / Integrated Stroke Unit
Primary Site: Stratford
(Shifts: 8-hour shifts, Days/Evenings, 7 day/week coverage, may be subject to change)
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the inter-professional collaborative team, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides direct quality and safe personal care in accordance with patient’s respective care plans, under the direction and supervision of regulated healthcare providers.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Intensive Care Unit, ISU/Telemetry, Cardiorespiratory
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $23.11 to 24.53 per hour
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Personal Support Worker certificate from an accredited Ontario Community College or a Registered Private College
- Current BCLS certification
- Recent hospital experience preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Demonstrates time management and organizational/prioritization skills.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of patient populations.
- Ability and availability to work shifts, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be available for call-in on short notice
- Ability to take vital signs and accurately document, communicate abnormal findings
- Ability to perform skin assessments
- Ability to computer chart
- Flexible and able to adapt readily to a rapidly changing environment
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.