POSTING DATE: August 9, 2019 POSTING #287-19 (CUPE Service)
EXPIRY DATE: August 16, 2019
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: DIALYSIS UNIT ASSISTANT
Primarily Site: Stratford
Casual with Temporary Part-time
(Shifts: 8 hour shifts, days, Mon-Sat, may be subject to change)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Medicine, Chemotherapy and Dialysis
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $21.99 to $23.39 per hour
- Dialysis Technical Assistant certificate or equivalent recent experience (minimum
2 years in a Dialysis unit)
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Dialysis training or experience preferred.
- Current computer skills.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Knowledge of dialysis therapy and equipment (ie: Fresenius machine).
- Knowledge of sterile technique and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Documented commitment to continuing education.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Preparation of dialysis machines including setting up, priming, cleaning and moving of the machines as required.
- Preparation of dialysis supplies for subsequent patient shifts.
- Maintain supplies for the unit, including ordering, manual lifting and sorting of supplies.
- Assisting the dialysis RN with the daily activities of the unit.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.