POSTING DATE: March 11, 2021 POSTING # 152-21(Non-Union)
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: Spiritual Care Provider
POSITION SUMMARY: The Spiritual Care Provider provides compassionate and holistic care to patients, families and staff at the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance. He/she ministers to the spiritual and emotional needs of persons requiring support and assistance through direct service including emotional and spiritual support, crisis intervention, pastoral counselling, committee work and consultation. The Spiritual Care Provider also coordinates worship and community liaison outreach.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Therapies and Professional Practice
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
- Master of Divinity or equivalent.
Experience and Memberships:
- Experience with hospital based provision of Spiritual care to patients, caregivers and staff
- Certified (preferred) or Associate (accepted) Member of the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS)
- SPE training (CPE or PCE accepted) of a minimum of one basic unit in an institutional environment.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Competence in understanding and dealing with death, dying and grief recovery.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Identifies and pursues professional development opportunities
- Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations and interest groups
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.