POSTING DATE: November 16, 2020 POSTING #431-20 (CUPE Service)
EXPIRY DATE: November 23, 2020
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
BSO Seniors Mental Health
Primary Site: Seaforth
(Shifts: 8 or 12 hours Days/Evenings, 7 day/week coverage, may be subject to change)
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the interprofessional collaborative team, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides direct quality and safe care in accordance with patient’s respective care plans, under the direction and supervision of regulated healthcare providers of the Seniors Mental Health team and BSO Transition Clinician.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Seniors Mental Health - Seaforth
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $23.87 to 25.33 per hour
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Personal Support Worker certificate from an accredited Ontario Community College or a Registered Private College
- Current BCLS certification
- Recent hospital, community, Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Demonstrates time management and organizational/prioritization skills.
- Certified in Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) preferred
- Certified in Montessori approach to care preferred
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training preferred
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of patient populations.
- Ability and availability to work shifts, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be available for call-in on short notice
- Ability to take vital signs and accurately document, communicate abnormal findings
- Ability to perform skin assessments
- Ability to computer chart
- Flexible and able to adapt readily to a rapidly changing environment
- Personal transportation and hold a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Auto endorsement insurance for the purposes of patient transportation
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.