POSTING DATE: December 18, 2020 POSTING #: 489-20 (Non-Union)
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: Director, Patient Care
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director, Patient Care is a dynamic, innovative leader who is accountable for a broad patient care portfolio across the Alliance which includes inpatient, outpatient, and emergency services. The role ensures the HPHA’s mission, vision and guiding principles are embodied in the culture of all programs. With patient-partnership at the core of every decision, the Director applies a systems-thinking approach to a combination of the development and execution of strategic planning, operational performance and relationship management. Key priorities include meeting and exceeding performance targets, maintaining an attention and focus on continuous quality improvement, and promoting and leading innovation in a dynamic and ever-changing healthcare system. Advocating for both patients and staff, this position will draw together advances made in practice, education, research and administration in order to support and plan for the goals of patients and staff. The Director will ensure that programs operate in accordance with legislation, standards and ethical principles. This role will create an environment that provides optimal opportunity for the development of professional practice, promotes shared leadership, manages the programs within fiscal resources and fosters a person-centred, interprofessional environment. The Director encourages proactive change, and acts as an advisor, facilitator, coach and educator in conjunction with Alliance activities and growth and works closely with our Medical and Community partners.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Partnerships & Chief Nursing Executive
DATE REQUIRED: As Soon as Possible
- Successful completion of a recognized baccalaureate degree program in a Health-Related Discipline;
- Masters Degree preferred;
- Current certificate of registration from a college recognized under the Regulated Health Professions Act.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in progressively more responsible leadership roles in a complex healthcare environment;
- 5 years’ experience managing in a Unionized environment an asset;
- 5 years’ experience working with and leading Multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience leading quality improvement initiatives and transformational culture change designed to enhance the patient experience using LEAN principles and processes.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic planning and administrative abilities;
- Ensures clinical excellence, resulting in high quality, safe and exceptional patient/ family experiences;
- Exceptional analytical and information-seeking skills that contribute to effective decision-making, strategic planning and execution of action plans that deliver results in order to meet and exceed industry benchmarks and performance metrics;
- Ensures compliance with hospital policies and all legislative requirements;
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence;
- Engages others to foster development and build teams that establish a high performing and healthy organization;
- strategically aligns direction, decisions, actions and evaluations with HPHA mission, values, and guiding principles;
- Demonstrates change management capabilities and the use of transformational thinking to strategically align the future by encouraging innovation and orchestrating change;
- Supports a model of patient-centered care that is based on best practice, program and corporate standards, continuous quality improvement and HPHA’s strategic direction;
- Builds a professional practice climate and facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to patient care;
- Accountable to performance metrics and evaluates the impact to identify improvement opportunities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at HPHA;
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of professional practice, mentorship, life-long learning and excellence in patient care;
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of employee and labour relations and hospital operations essential;
- Result-oriented leader with excellent understanding of financial, quality management, project management, risk management and operational planning skills;
- Shared leadership skills with the ability to foster collaboration and shared direction among diverse clinical and non-clinical groups;
- Highly-motivated, self-directed professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with all levels of hospital personnel and external partners; strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Highly developed critical thinking skills with the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems;
- Ability to recognize, understand and demonstrate Emotional Intelligence (EI);
- Track record for creating a quality and safety culture;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with diversity, appreciating that different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics can bring richness to the challenge at hand;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently provide business oriented planning and forecasting;
- Fluent and computer literate with computer systems and programs (ie. Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Huron Perth Health Alliance fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by HPHA's Mission, Vision, guiding principles. HPHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.