POSTING DATE: December 24, 2020 POSTING # 499-20 (OPSEU)
EXPIRY DATE: December 31, 2020
REVISED EXPIRY DATE: January 25, 2021
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
Primary Site – Alliance Wide
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for efficiently and effectively providing occupational therapy, clinical, administrative, educational and consultation services to inpatients. At the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance, Occupational Therapists work in the following clinical areas: acute medicine, complex continuing care, rehabilitation (inpatient and outpatient), outpatient hand therapy, outpatient paediatric services and inpatient mental health.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Therapies and Professional Practice
DATE REQUIRED: ASAP
SALARY: $34.18 to $47.38 per hour
- Graduate of a recognized accredited program in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- MoCA (Montreal Cognitive Assessment) certification
- Clinical expertise and experience in acute care, neurological and general rehabilitation, complex continuing care, and mental health
- Clinical expertise and experience in specialty areas of pediatric occupational therapy are required by assignment to these clinical areas.
- Experience with inpatient service delivery is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to practice effectively in an inter-professional collaborative environment
- Sound understanding of the role of a variety of rehabilitation professionals in the provision of stroke rehabilitation
- Working knowledge of and experience with theories and principles guiding adult learning and patient self-management approaches
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, problem solving and innovation skills
- Proven flexibility and a high level of initiative
- Evidence of continued professional growth and/or professional development
- Appreciation of resource utilization
- ADP certification preferred
- Computer skills, particularly Meditech, MS Office, and/or other software
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.