POSTING DATE: November 17, 2020 POSTING #: 2020-090 (SEIU)
EXPIRY DATE: February 28, 2021
RITZ LUTHERAN VILLA / MITCHELL NURSING HOME
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Ritz Lutheran Villa
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing all assigned nutritional care responsibilities in accordance with legislated and Ritz Lutheran Villa standards, policies, and procedures which are designed to ensure that each resident receives support, care and services in keeping with his/her needs and preferences, always with a focus on excellence in customer service. The cook shall serve as leader to his/her colleagues and a monitor to newly hired employees of the Nutrition Services Department, leading by example to inspire and motivate every individual to recognize the value they bring to the lives of residents and their colleagues by demonstrating “Caring is our reason for Being”.
The Cooks responsibilities/duties include:
1. Review menus and prepare food for meals, snacks and special dietary supplements and catered events according to the menu requirements, standardized recipes and production sheet directives.
2. Ensure that foods are served at appropriate temperature; adhere to required temperature monitoring and recording policies without exception.
3. Ensure that food is prepared utilizing at the appropriate therapeutic and textures specified in the residents’ care plans.
4. Serve food at mealtime and collect money when required.
5. Assist residents as required ensuring their rights and dignity as established by the Resident Bill of Rights is followed.
6. Clean up kitchen following meals including cook area, dishes, pots, pans, equipment, etc.
7. Storage of food in an appropriate and timely manner according to Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Homes Act and related Regulations.
8. Communication to appropriate staff regarding residents’ care, needs, etc.
9. Place food orders in the absence of the Nutrition Services Director and/or Assistant Nutrition Services Director.
10. Complete requisitions for food, supplies, or equipment maintenance and submit to the appropriate parties.
11. Assist in the orientation of new employees as required.
12. Maintain continuing education requirements.
13. In the performance of all duties, demonstrate respect for the privacy, dignity, and individuality of the resident; adhere to home policy on confidentiality.
14. Perform all duties and demonstrate conduct in accordance with the policies and procedures of Ritz Lutheran Villa.
15. Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nutrition Services
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $18.66 to $21.93
1. Must have a chef training or culinary management diploma from a program that meets the standard established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
2. Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
3. Food Handler Training Program which has been completed by a Board of Public Health within the past five (5) years.
4. Good physical condition to meet the working conditions for this position.
5. Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Please submit a complete resume by visiting careers page on our website: www.hpha.ca or by dropping your application off at Ritz Lutheran Villa’s reception desk.
Ritz Lutheran Villa is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.