POSTING DATE: June 12, 2020 POSTING #: 2020-051 (SEIU)
EXPIRY DATE: July 10, 2020
RITZ LUTHERAN VILLA / MITCHELL NURSING HOME
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: Dietary Aide
Ritz Lutheran Villa / Mitchell Nursing Home
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of the meal, meal services, clean up after meal and ensuring a sanitary environment of eating and preparation areas. Also included in the delivery of resident nourishments. This position may assist residents in eating and drinking if required.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Review any dietary change notices
2. Assist cooks as required in food preparation.
3. Prepare beverages and condiments for meal service.
4. Serve food at mealtime and dispense nourishments room to room.
5. Assist residents as required.
6. Clean up dining rooms following meals.
7. General clean up of dishes, pots and pans, and equipment.
8. General clean up of eating areas, and preparation for next meal cycle.
9. Major cleaning duties include ovens, walls, fryer, walk-ins, store rooms, etc. as required.
10. Appropriate and timely storage of food.
11. Requisition of food, supplies and equipment maintenance.
12. Maintain continuous education requirements.
13. Assist in the orientation of new staff as required.
14. Communicate to appropriate staff regarding residents care, needs, etc.
15. In the performance of all duties, demonstrate respect for the privacy, dignity, and individuality of the resident; adhere to home policy on confidentiality.
16. Perform all duties and demonstrate conduct in accordance with the policies and procedures of Ritz Lutheran Villa.
17. Other duties as assigned
REPORTS TO: Director of Nutrition Services
DATE REQUIRED: As Soon As Possible
SALARY: $18.10 to $19.35
- Food Service Worker Diploma/Certificate or Training program at a recognized post-secondary institution as established by the Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a registered private career college in Ontario
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Food Handler Training Program which has been completed by a Board of Public Health within the past five (5) years.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to meet the working conditions for this position.
Please submit a complete resume by visiting careers page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Ritz Lutheran Villa is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.