POSTING DATE: October 7, 2020 POSTING: #2020-080
EXPIRY DATE: February 28, 2021
RITZ LUTHERAN VILLA / MITCHELL NURSING HOME
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: Quality Improvement Coordinator
Ritz Lutheran Villa/Mitchell Nursing Home
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Improvement Coordinator is a Leadership position responsible for working in collaboration with the Senior Management Team, to assist in the delivery of sustainable excellence in safety and quality of care and services. The QI Coordinator supports the homes’ quality improvement plans by monitoring achievements against required standards, identifying risks to quality of care and services, planning and recommending changes for continuous quality improvement and sustaining quality improvements through process optimization, project management and quality improvement methodologies.
REPORTS TO: Administrator
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- Registered Practical Nurse with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a Long Term Care setting. Other Allied Health Professionals will be considered
- Thorough knowledge of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and associated regulations including the Resident Quality Inspection (RQI) process.
- Lean Six Sigma or TQM certification or at least three (3) years of Quality Assurance Management experience is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards to provide strategic direction to the homes.
- Experience leading and/or managing quality improvement initiatives in a healthcare setting an asset
- Advance computer skills in computerized nursing systems such as Point Click Care and Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated leadership experience an asset.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written required.
- Identify the implications of MoHLTC regulations, policies and strategies on current best practice, highlighting any changes required from Ministry and ensuring they support RLV’s vision, mission, and values
- To assist the Senior Management Team in ensuring that the Homes are meeting the statutory requirements of the MOH and HQO
- Leads and conducts the annual audit or inspection plan for the homes. Conducts identified audits, produces report of findings, highlighting areas of risk, making recommendations using quality improvement tools, and undertaking audit follow-ups as necessary ensuring changes are implemented and embedded in practice.
- Leads the development of a total quality improvement framework for the homes.
- Facility Liaison for the sub-regional Accreditation team and related activities.
- Responsible for the delivery and creation of training and education curriculum related to quality improvement initiatives and mandatory LTC training.
- Plan and implement CQI measurements.
- Drive quality improvement processes and create a culture of quality improvement.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained. In the performance of all duties, demonstrate respect for the privacy, dignity, and individuality of the resident.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a complete resume by visiting careers page on our website: www.hpha.ca or by dropping your application off at Ritz Lutheran Villa’s reception desk.
Ritz Lutheran Villa is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
“Caring is our reason for being.”