POSTING DATE: November 2, 2020 POSTING # 017-20
EXPIRY DATE: February 28, 2021
ROTARY HOSPICE STRATFORD PERTH (RHSP)
(An Operation of Hospice Care Avon Maitland)
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (RPN)
(12hr shifts; days, nights, weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the interprofessional collaborative team, the Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for the delivery of quality care to residents and family through the use of the nursing process within the profession’s scope of practice.
REPORTS TO: Director of Residential Care (DRC)
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
- Current registered member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification
- Completion of established palliative care courses such as Core and Advanced Fundamentals, LEAP, CAPCE, etc.
- Three (3) years of recent palliative care experience with demonstrated expertise in pain and symptom management preferred
- A strong dedication to the philosophy of, and specialized care skills in, hospice palliative care
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in the English language. Additional languages an asset.
- Computer literate and able to work with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of Point Click Care documentation system an asset
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. View the full position description at: www.stratfordperthhospice.ca. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Hospice Care Avon Maitland is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact HPHA Human Resources for assistance.